Here is shown an old airphoto of the farm
Carl Pølse is part of the history of Asdal, although he is a pure fictional figure. One of the legends tells about how Carl Pølse lured ships to shore by lighting bonfires on the beach. Onboard the ships it was thought that they were in Skagen and steered straight towards the beach and sank. After Carl Pølse could plunder the ships. However, the robberies came to an end when he was put in a "nail barrel", a barrel whose inside was nailed, after which the barrel was rolled down a sloped. Where the barrel stopped, was where he was buried.
In another legend, it is rumored that the ghost of Carl Pølse is trying to reach Asdal Hovedgaard, his home. At the coincidence of a full moon and high tide, one can see a light moving across the hills. The light is Carl Pølse with a lantern in his hand. The 'lamp man' walks from his grave down to the beach and then walks with long, tired steps towards Asdal Hovedgaard. But he never quite gets there and disappears. This is entirely by folklore, which states that only at midnight can a dead man rise from the grave, and he must return 'home' before the last rooster crow, otherwise he must go into the ground on the spot and be homeless forever.
In a glass box above the front door at Asdal Hovedhaard are the remains of a very old ham bone from a pig. The ham bone is believed to be over 400 years old and is due to its durability and strength gave supernatural powers, which are transferred to the house in which it is stored. If the ham is removed, strange things will happen to the farm.
A few hundred years ago, pigs were used graze in the beech and oak forests. Asdal Hovedgaard and "Oddens" (Mygdal) lands collided at the time. During a hunt, a pi was shot and a disagreement arose between Asdal Hovedgaard and the owner of Odden about who the pig belonged to. The disputes led to a lawsuit and the outcome of the verdict was that Asdal Hovedgaard and Odden had to split the pig lengthwise. the pork sides had to be hung up on the farm and the one who could store the h the longest was the rightful owner of the pig. The ham is still found at Asdal but at Odden, it is gone.
You can read more about the history of Asdal Hovedgaard in the danish book "Asdal through 600 år" writen by Ingvard Mølbjerg from 1992.
(1387) Niels Ovesen Panter who was married to Mr.s Johanne. He died in 1387
(1387-1393) Mrs. Johanne
(1393-1405) Anders Nielsen Panter son of Niels Ovesen Panter
(1405-1415) Ida Lydersdatter Holck, who was the second wife of Anders Nielsen Panters
(1415) Owner Mrs. Ida after the death of Panter
(1415-1422) After the death of Mrs. Ida overtook Johanne Andersdatter Panter, who was the only child from the first marrige of Anders Nielsen Panter with Regitze Lunges
(1422-1450) Niels Eriksen Banner, married to Johanne Andersdatter Panter
(1450-1479) Johanne Andersdatter Panter overtook again after the death of Eriksen Banner
(1479-1486) Anders Nielsen Banner son of Johanne Panter and Eriksen Banner
(1486-1554) Erik Eriksen Banner, son of Anders Nielsen Banner, overtook after the fathers death as a 3-years-old
(1554-1585) Otto Eriksen Banner, son of Erik Eriksen Banner
(1585-1604) Ingeborg Skeel (Vorgård), who was the spouse, overtook after the death of Otto Banner
(1604-1611) Karen Eriksdatter Banner, daugther, overtook after the death of the mother
(1611-1613) The estate of Karen Eriksdatter Banner
(1613-1622) Gert Bryske sold it to Mrs. Sofie Ulfstand
(1622) Sofie Ulfstand
(1622-1630) Mr.s Ulfstand gave it to her son in law Frederik Rantzau. Otto Christensen Skeel had half
(1630-1645) Frederik Rantzau married to the daugther of Otto Christensen Skeel and had Asdal as a whole
(1645-1685) Ide Ottosdatter Skeel
(1685-1719) Otto Frederiksen Rantzau son of Ide Ottosdatter Skeel
(1719-1726) Frederik Ottosen Rantzau, son of Otto Rantzau
(1726-1771) Christian Ottosen Rantzau, brother to Frederik Ottosen
(1726-1782) Grandson inherits with dead at an early age.
(1782-1793) Uncle Carl Adolf von Rantzau inherited after the death of his son in law
After this, Carl Adolf von Rantzau received a grant to sell Asdal, and thus he became the last noble owner of Asdal
(1793-1801) Søren Hillerup, merchant
(1801-1803) Arent Hassel Rasmussen, merchant
(1803-1804) Morten Madsen, former estate mananger
(1804-1806) Christen Jensen, former estate mananger
(1806-1849) Thomas Jensen, son of Christen Jensen
(1849-1868) Peder Jensen, brother to Thomas Jensen
(1868-1914) Ole Christen Olesen, tenant from 1863-1868, owner from 1868-1914
(1914-1915) Niels Olesen, son of Ole Olesen
(1915-1916) Eva Marie Lawaetz, overtook after the death of Niels Olesen
(1916) Sold to Jørgen Jespersen
(1916-1917) Sold to Peder Simonsen, he sold it to af Norwegian consortium consisting of:
(1917-1918) Hansen / Sørensen / Johansen - Later sold to Norwegian consortium consisting of:
(1918-1925) Anders Meland / Eyvind Viker / August Hansen / Andreas Meland
(1925-1934) Anders Meland, sole owner
(1934-1977) Jens Andreasen and Anton Jørgensen
(1977-1989) Knud Andreasen
(1989-) Jens Peter Lunden